Visitation Policies at Children's Hospital Colorado at Memorial Hospital Central
At Children's Hospital Colorado, our primary concern is the health and safety of our patients, families and staff. The following visitation policies and procedures are in place to help our patients heal as quickly as possible and to prevent the spread of infections.
Thank you for your cooperation and adherence to these procedures.
Effective Dec 1, 2013:
Inpatient Areas at Memorial Hospital Central
- Visiting hours are from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily.
- All visitors, including siblings, must be at least 13 years of age to visit.
- Four (4) visitors per patient, including siblings and parents/guardians, are allowed in a patient room at one time; NICU patients may only have three visitors at a time.
- Parents, siblings and all other visitors to inpatient areas must receive a brief health screening before entering the unit on each visit. Visitors will receive an apple sticker at the appropriate check-in area to indicate that they have been screened.
- Ill visitors will not be allowed to visit and will be asked to leave the hospital.
- Some units may have additional restrictions.
The information desk staff and volunteers are on-hand to help direct you to where you need to go
Ways to stay in touch
If you are unable to visit in person, you can stay in touch with a child or family by phone while they are here. Call (719) 365-5000 and ask to be transferred to the child’s room.