Smoking Cessation Education at Memorial Hospital -- "Kick the Habit"
Memorial Administrative Center (MAC)
2420 East Pikes Peak
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
(map & directions)
For health questions, to schedule health classes or help finding a doctor, ask our nurses at HealthLink, 719-444-CARE (2273).
» Search our online health library
"Kick the Habit"
Smoking cessation education at Memorial Hospital is a program designed to help individuals quit smoking by providing information, modifying behavior and demonstrating effective coping techniques in an effort to eliminate tobacco, in any form and thereby improving quantity and quality of life.
The first class is offered for free and individuals will receive information concerning the risks of smoking, benefits of quitting and details of what is covered in this comprehensive education program that will enable them to quit for good.
- We will educate the participant on the benefits of Nicotine Replacement Therapy.
- We will educate the participant on the appropriate use of Nicotine Replacement Therapy and Zyban/Wellbutrin, which is a medication that decreases cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
- Cost of program is $75.00, which includes a detailed guide and video
- A pulmonologist is the medical director who supervises the program.
We provide comprehensive behavior modification techniques to educate the individual including:
- Triggers associated with smoking
- Physiological processes that occur with smoking and during the quitting process
- Stress reduction and relaxation techniques
- Weight management and exercise
- Personalized coping tools and strategies needed to become a comfortable nonsmoker
The six-week program, offered several times a year, conveniently takes place in the evenings.