Anesthesiology at Memorial Hospital
Memorial Hospital Central
1400 E. Boulder St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
(map & directions)
Hospital operator: 719-365-5000
Free garage parking & valet
Memorial Hospital North
4050 Briargate Parkway
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
(map & directions)
Hospital operator: 719-364-5000
For health questions, health classes or help finding a doctor, ask our nurses at HealthLink, 719-444-CARE (2273).
» Search our online health library
We provide the full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient anesthesiology services at Memorial Hospital which include:
• preoperative consultation and evaluation with you and your family
• general anesthesia during surgery
• postsurgical monitoring and consultation
• regional anesthesia including spinals, epidurals and a variety of peripheral nerve blocks
• obstetrical labor and delivery pain management by epidural anesthesia
• pain management for acute and chronic conditions
• support for all medical subspecialties such as cardiac, neuro (brain and spinal cord) and pediatric
Role of Anesthesiologists
According to the American Society of Anesthesiologists, the role of the anesthesiologist in the operating room is to:
- provide continual medical assessment of the patient;
- monitor and control the patient's vital life functions—heart rate and rhythm, breathing, blood pressure, body temperature and body fluid balance; and
- control the patient’s pain and level of unconsciousness to make conditions ideal for a safe and successful surgery.
Anesthesiologists at Memorial Hospital
Memorial's anesthesiologists are board-certified or board-eligible. Plus, they've completed special training in their subspecialty areas, including fellowship training in pain management.
Memorial Hospital's anesthesiologists are members the American Society of Anesthesiologists, an educational, research and scientific association of physicians that raises the standards of the medical practice of anesthesiology to improve patients' care.