Kohl’s Cares® and Memorial Hospital have partnered to keep children in Southern Colorado safe in and around cars.
Weekly Car Seat Safety Check Schedule
Please call 719-365-5834 for an appointment.
4 to 7 p.m.
American Medical Response
2 to 4 p.m.
Police Operations Center
705 S. Nevada Ave.
2 to 5 p.m.
CS Fire Dept. Station #19
2490 Research Parkway
3 to 5 p.m.
CS Fire Dept. Station #8
3737 Airport Rd.
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Stratmoor Hills Fire Dept.
2160 B St.
Recommendations For All Ages
- Select a car seat based on your child's age, height, and weight.
- Keep your child in the car seat for as long as possible, as long as your child fits the seat's height and weight requirements.
- Follow your car seat manufacturer's instructions and your vehicle owner's manual on how to install.
- All children under 13 should ride in the back seat.
Did you know?
- All car seats and boosters have an expiration date—usually on a sticker or embossed in the plastic on the back.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends keeping children rear-facing until their 2nd birthday or until the uppermost weight limit of their seat.
- Children in Colorado are required to ride in a booster seat until their 8th birthday.
Call 719-365-5834 to make an appointment with a nationally certified child passenger safety technician to make sure your children are as safe as possible in your vehicle.