Memorial Hospital has always been a leading health care provider. As a new future unfolds in the health care industry, we continue to seek dynamic physicians to help shape the future of Colorado Health Medical Group / University of Colorado Health.
At Colorado Health Medical Group / Memorial Hospital, physician leaders will have the chance to help craft the structure and culture of the organization as it moves toward its mission of providing the highest quality health care, coupled with the vision of becoming an outstanding health system where patients heal and people thrive. With an executive team from diverse backgrounds, an energized Board of Trustees, in addition to skilled and committed health professionals, Memorial is poised to create an increasingly positive impact on patients, physicians and staff, and the community. Memorial seeks candidates who can support a physician-led, professionally-managed approach that promotes the highest performance in the context of multidisciplinary care. Our intent is to liberate physicians to "be a good doctor," to lead and develop high-performing teams, and to design high-quality systems of care.
Colorado Springs, Colorado - Community Highlights
Nestled at the base of beautiful Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs, Colorado is a progressive community of more than 400,000, which is an immediate gateway to the Great Rocky Mountains! The city boasts a rich heritage, a wide variety of cultural and educational opportunities, moderate cost of living, temperate climate, and an average of 247 days of sunshine per year. The natural beauty of the snow-capped peaks, bike and hiking trails, and proximity to world class ski resorts provides an exceptional quality of life. In a 2006 nationwide comparison, Colorado Springs was rated the number one city in which to live, by Money Magazine.
We encourage you to apply by submitting your CV to:
Or, you may contact our onboarding specialist, Bri Leone at 719-365-2659.
Please note that board certification is required for all physician opportunities.
1. Neuro-Hospitalist Physician Opportunity
Colorado Health Medical Group is seeking an additional Neuro-Hospitalist in the development of our Neuro-Sciences program at Memorial Hospital, Colorado Springs, CO. Fellowship training in Neurophysiology or Stroke will be considered a plus, but not required. Additionally, this position offers the ability to practice in other areas of interest/expertise, if desired. We ultimately require Board Certification in Neurology.
Neuro-Hospitalist Practice Highlights:
- Work directly with the Medical Director of Neurology in the development of processes to improve clinical outcomes, position the organization for stroke certification, review quality metrics, etc. while providing valuable coverage to the inpatient Neurology Service
- In-patient only, or a combined clinical and inpatient practice, based on interests/expertise
- Evaluate and treat a full spectrum of Neurological conditions
- This is an evidence based practice, committed to quality care
- Full-complement “state-of-the-art” equipment
- Internal Medicine and Pediatric Hospitalists on staff 24/7 to assist
- Further supported by Memorial’s 683-bed, fully-accredited, Level II Trauma Center and over 50 medical and surgical specialties and sub-specialties
- No overnight stay, 1:3 flexible call to include compounding days off, if preferred
- Competitive compensation, excellent benefits
- Collegial / collaborative / progressive / innovative physician-led environment in beautiful Colorado!
2. Adult Surgical Critical Care /Trauma / General Surgery Opportunity
Colorado Health Medical Group at Memorial Hospital, Colorado Springs, CO, is seeking a 4th Surgical Critical Care / Trauma physician as we continue to expand services. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with adult populations, while having strong collegial support from more than 50 medical/surgical specialties and subspecialties. This position is a blend of elective and acute care surgery. The incoming physician will join our 9-physician, collaborative General and Vascular team in building a broad-based Surgical Program to meet the needs of Colorado Springs and Southern Colorado. This position requires that you be board certified or be a graduating fellow from an ACGME accredited fellowship in Surgical Critical Care or Acute Care Surgery.
- Enjoy being part of an integrated, physician-led surgical group that practices both elective and acute care surgery
- Enjoy a blend of Surgical Critical Care / Trauma and General Surgery
- Reasonable call schedule, with “no call” 16-18 days per month
- Competitive compensation, excellent benefits
- Cover only one hospital
- Collegial / collaborative / progressive / innovative physician-led environment