Ronald McDonald Family Room
Memorial Hospital Central
1400 E. Boulder St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
(map & directions)
Hours: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. Daily
Free garage parking & valet
questions, health classes or help finding a doctor, ask our nurses at
» Go to: Online Health Library.
About the Ronald McDonald House
Located close to Children's Hospital Colorado at Memorial Hospital, the Ronald McDonald House serves as a home-away-from-home for families whose critically ill or injured children are being treated at Memorial. Visit Ronald McDonald House - Southern Colorado’s web site for more information.
About the Ronald McDonald Family Room
The Ronald McDonald Family Room is a refuge within the hospital for immediate family members who have a child in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) or pediatric unit at Children's Hospital Colorado at Memorial Hospital. The family room provides a place to rest, relax and recharge from the environment of the hospital while allowing them to remain near their child.
The family room is conveniently located on the third floor across from the NICU and is just one floor below the pediatric unit.
Volunteers from the community staff the family room and make sure families have a warm, welcoming environment that feels like home. There are more than 100 Ronald McDonald Family Rooms around the world. The family room at Memorial Hospital for Children is the first family room in the state of Colorado.
Family Room amenities:
- The family room provides homelike amenities including:
- Kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, fresh coffee and sweet treats provided by family room supporters
- Bathroom with shower and linens for those who can not make the trip home to shower
- Washer, dryer, detergent and a pair of scrubs for those who may not have a fresh change of clothes
- Dining areas for families to enjoy a meal together or quick snack
- Living room area with a sofa, recliners and a flat screen TV
- Computer workstations so family members can keep in touch with family and friends on the status of their child through email, do research or connect with the workplace
- Children’s playroom with books, toys and DVDs
- Lockers with digital locks to keep purses, coats and other items secure while you stay with your child
The Ronald McDonald Family Room is open daily from 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. as long as there is a family room trained volunteer present.
How You Can Help
There are two ways you can help us continue to meet the needs of families:
Your tax-deductible donation helps thousands of families each year through the Ronald McDonald House and the Ronald McDonald Family Room. You can make a donation by visiting www.rmhcs.org and clicking on "Donate now." Or, you can call the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern Colorado at 719-471-1814.
Volunteers are needed everyday in order to keep the family room open. For more information on volunteering or to obtain a volunteer application form, contact the Ronald McDonald Family Room Coordinator at 719-365-6360.
The mission of the Ronald McDonald Family Room is to provide a refuge within the hospital for families of seriously ill children that are hospitalized at Children's Hospital Colorado at Memorial Hospital.
Our vision is to give a loving welcome to families, to find understanding through caring for others and to bring families together through a sanctuary of nurturing for the body, mind, and spirit.